Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Power to the Sleeple

I tried one of those 20-day power naps I read about online, and I have to say, it really worked. I woke up with the worst case of bed head I'd ever heard of, but a hot shower, a hearty breakfast, a pot of coffee, an hour in the bathroom, and I was raring to go. 

Then my wife said I got it wrong. So I found my mistake, and surprisingly, the 20-hour power nap was still very enjoyable and effective. I was well rested, although I did have a bit of a too-much-sleep hangover.

But Shellie said I was still missing the point, so I went back to the drawing board. I tracked down the original article that got me interested in power naps in the first place. Studies clearly showed that a short sleep taken during the workday restored mental alertness, boosted memory, improved cognitive and problem solving skills, enhanced creativity, and increased the overall energy level.

I can understand why some people find power naps beneficial, but I have to admit, 20 seconds just doesn't seem worth the bother.



1 comment: