Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Joke 'Em If They Can't Take A Fuck

My favorite Halloween costume (this was back in the early 80's and I was around 23 years old) that I ever wore was a union suit (a one-piece set of thermal underwear with the button flap in back, in white because I couldn't find red). Along with this I wore a cowboy hat, a red bandanna tied around my neck, cowboy boots, and a holster with a realistic toy six-shooter.

I was a cowboy who just got out of bed.

I wore a mustache in those days that added to the effect. I thought it was hysterical, but even on Halloween I got a lot of strange looks. We were at a (former) friend's apartment, and the friend's sister's boyfriend (who I think I'd seen around, but didn't like) came up to me and said,

"I get your costume, but next year you better wear some clothes." 

Happy Halloween to you too, buddy.




No comments:

Post a Comment