Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Another Old Stoner Joke

From when I first started getting high in the 70's, we were taught the habit of holding a hit as long as you could hold your breath. We would exhale in a gush, coughing and gasping for air, wreathed in a cloud of smoke.

We ostensibly did this on the premise that the longer you held your hit, the more you'd absorb, and the higher you'd get. It was basic, middle-class economics - waste not want not.

Even though this has long been proven untrue (research has shown that 90% of the THC is absorbed in the first five seconds), this habit stayed with me.

One time we were down to our last round, and I was holding my hit for an unusually long time, even for me. Finally my wife says, "How long are you going to hold that hit, hon?"

While still holding my breath, I said, "For the rest of my life, or until we get more, whichever comes first!"




No comments:

Post a Comment