Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

We Wants the Redhead

I saw a movie today. It was rated Arrrrrr.

This is the one day of the year when that joke actually works, International Talk Like a Pirate Day. If ye harken to learn more, shove off to:


I listened to this album when I was ten because it was my favorite ride. I listened to it at fifteen because Walt Disney World was a stoner's paradise. I listened to side B at twenty-five years of age because I recognized Disney as a fellow intellectual. Age thirty-five found me playing it for my sons, at least that was my story and I'm sticking to it. And every year I hear a long section of it on Halloween, as part of a mix tape I made in the early 80's, and which has withstood the test of time (better than I have).




(Thurl Ravenscroft narrates Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean)

No comments:

Post a Comment