Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Making Merry

I am behind my time. Another Christmas has come and gone. I'm sorry I wasn't online yesterday to wish all my friends and family a Merry Christmas, and to respond to all the Christmas posts and statuses I received, but I was making rather merry. It shan't be repeated.

This was the best, or at least the most active, holiday season I've had in many years. Plays, concerts, shows, movies, Christmas tree festivals, craft fairs, and visiting with family and friends. I thoroughly enjoyed all the different decorations. My friends Josette and Bill did their home in "country pinecone," and the ambiance was so warm and cozy that I didn't want to leave. My son and in-laws have a parlour right off the front entrance with lovely floral-print furniture, and this is where they placed their beautiful tree with all the heirloom ornaments. Of course they had a train set up under the tree, and the room took me right back to the Victorian age.

The season was filled with fabulous food, drink, music, presents, and charity as we sent in donations to several worthy causes and dropped coins in kettles wherever we went shopping.

I got to publish my extensive Christmas blog, and share some of my favorite holiday pictures, songs, quotes, and links to movies and TV shows from my childhood on Facebook. I hope you all took advantage of and enjoyed these posts.

Now we have a few days to rest and reflect before we bid leave to an interesting year filled with sorrow and joy, and bid welcome to the new one. So me dearies, a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment