Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Love Her Pretty Pink Nose

And that black mask is no lie . . .

There is a Facebook page called "Homer the Blind Wondercat" where people can share their own cat stories with the community.


Homer passed away last year, but his legacy lives on. You can read the story of his passing in the words of his significant human on a wonderful Huff Post article at:


Yesterday my wife posted the following:

Hi Homer! I'm Inari! My Mom and human brother adopted me and my litter brother from the shelter when they were going through a rough time. We all lived together in an apartment until Daddy and Mommy got back together. Daddy didn't want cats again because he loved his black cat a lot and she died. But when I worked my charm, he fell in love with me and I loved him, too. I was supposed to be Mommy's cat, but Daddy is special. Now Daddy is sick and in bed all the time. I take care of him all day and all night. Daddy says he couldn't get through the night without me. Mommy calls me Nurse 'Nar because I comfort Daddy when he's in pain. I don't like my fur sisters much, but Mommy and my human brother give them lots of love. My litter brother died and I hope he is with you across the Rainbow Bridge.

This story brought back memories of perhaps the lowest point in my life, which will be the subject of my next blog.


1 comment:

  1. Hope the counter works because I've just read this blog post and I love your additional pieces.

    ReplyDelete