Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

To Blog or Not to Blog

It's not really writer's block. It could be the weather that's affecting my motivation (or lack thereof). It could be financial worries. It could be my deteriorating health. It might have something to do with the State of Illinois dragging its feet on implementing the medical marijuana program (and my inability to obtain it surreptitiously). I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that when I publish a blog, I only get a couple of page views. I put a lot of time and effort into my writing, although I've heard that my self-revelations have more to do with mid-life crisis than art. I know everyone's busy and just barely keeping their heads above water, but it only takes five or ten minutes to read what takes me days to write, and I get discouraged.

But having said that, it is my honor and joy to write for those few who do enjoy my work, and of course, for myself to whom writing is a matter of life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment