Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Colonel Go For Laugh, No Get

Well, all's well that ends well. Nearly a week into the month, we were finally able to get our new license plate sticker. We went to our small area DMV which was over-flowing with people there for the same reason. Everyone in line commiserated with each other as they griped about the Secretary of State not sending out renewal notices.

I rolled my way over to an officious looking civil servant, and motioned him to lean down so he could hear me above the din. "You've got a lot of disgruntled people here," I said.

"Sir," he replied, "I can't be responsible for anyone's gruntlement."

I nodded, and whispered conspiratorially, "I'll tell you what. If you think this crowd is about to get out of control, let me know so I can go out there and try to egg them on."

Neither the officious civil servant, the arresting officer, the booking sergeant, the state's attorney, nor the bond judge thought it was funny either.



No comments:

Post a Comment