Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

I Need To Make A Kwik Stop, Just In Casey's, and I'll Be In & Out

Happy National Convenience Store Day, July 11th - 7/11. We'll be celebrating with a dinner of super-sized slushies and microwave burritos, followed by a dessert of Twix candy bars in a Red Bull and coffee reduction.

We've rented a Ford pickup truck, so we can ride around town with the windows down while we eat. To enhance the theme, we listen to country radio, and throw empty beer cans out the windows (we save them all year for this occasion).

We made streamers out of losing Mega Millions tickets and crumpled receipts that have been stuffed in my wallet for the last two-and-a-half years to hang from the antenna.

One of my favorite traditions is parking in a secluded spot and asking my wife if I can have change for a dollar. She slides closer to me on the bench seat and says, "Not unless you buy something."

That's my cue to arch an eyebrow, and say in an East Indian accent, "Come again."



No comments:

Post a Comment