Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

E Equals MC Squared

Late in life, Albert Einstein remarked, "I'm too old to explain arithmetic to children."

I know how he felt.

I was called on the carpet yesterday for adding to the hate that is overwhelming our country in some of my posts.

Time after time I state clearly that I AM NOT A NICE GUY!

Here is what I am:

First, I am Jewish. Denying that fact to a bunch of nazis is like a black man denying he's black to a KKK lynch mob.

Second, I am an atheist. I believe that we are biological creatures, and when we die, we die. Religion is merely mankind's reaction to its own petty ego. To think that this universe cares about any one of us or all of us is a lunatic fantasy.

The whole story of Adam and Eve is totally misunderstood. Eating from the Tree of Life had nothing to do with sex, and nakedness, and fig leaves, and had everything to do with the knowledge of our own mortality.

One side note. A lot of my career was in retail and gourmet foods, and at holiday time, I ALWAYS said, "Merry Christmas." And I meant it!

Third, I use marijuana. Even though, at this time, I am getting it legally through the State of Illinois, all the paperwork that you sign carries warnings that cannabis is still classified as a Schedule 1 drug and you can be arrested and prosecuted by the federal government.

Fourth, I've been checking into AntiFa, although so far all I've done is read articles about them, and Like their Facebook page. However, I believe the DOJ just listed AntiFa as a terrorist group (even though they're not a group at all), comparable to ISIS! Yikes. It's a no-brainer for the FBI to track down everyone who has Liked the page.

The government doesn't even have to prefer charges. I could be held indefinitely, without council, trial, or right to habeas corpus.

Do you have any conception of what a SWAT raid consists of? Two hours before dawn, they launch flash-bang grenades through the windows of your home. These doozies give off a report so loud, and a light so bright that it momentarily KILLS THE BRAIN!

Next, they use steel battering rams to disintegrate your doors. A dozen fully armored thugs throw every man, woman, and child in the house to the floor, pointing combat shotguns at the backs of their heads, and screaming conflicting orders at them at the top of their lungs.

They seek out your family pets and shoot them.

They secure you in handcuffs (which fucking hurt, BTW) behind your back, while they seize every electronic device in your house, including the coffee maker if it has a timer. They intentionally rip your house to SHREDS, destroying and smashing everything you own.

Even if you are never charged with a crime, they are not liable for the damage.

Lastly, I have become a transgender activist. I went out in nail polish for the first time yesterday to my library's Independent Authors Day. The response was overwhelmingly positive, supportive, and fun!

None of that stands me in good stead with the current regime and prevailing mood of this country. I am NOT going to try to win over a torch-carrying, slogan-chanting nazi with love. I am not going to try to win over a Trump supporter with logic or compassion.

I will not sit idly by, like the German populace did, and bury my head in the sand while a holocaust rages around me. The right are stockpiling weapons of mass destruction. Can you say Las Vegas? What if there had been three, four, or five coordinated shooters overlooking that plaza.

Wake up! This country is at war for its survival. Yes, there will still be an America, but if that's your idea of great again, then you shouldn't be on this page.

Well, I must not be as old as Einstein because I'm still explaining arithmetic to children.

4 comments:

  1. I love this. But it scares me more than inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was not meant to inspire. I write plenty of inspiring stuff, and this ain't one of them. It scares the hell out of me to. But no man is freer than he who has nothing to lose.

      Delete
  2. Two things that help me get through the day are, 'Pick your battles", and "There is no sport in picking on retarded children"

    ReplyDelete