Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Miserable

There's a lot of talk about ignorance these days. People fear what they don't understand, so they react violently to it. So we plan our social and political policies on them.

I say, fuck those people.

Simply by putting a picture of my hands on Facebook and Blogger I am opening myself as a target of violence for no other reason than IGNORANCE.

In Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol, the Ghost of Christmas Present opens his cloak and reveals two children, "wretched, abject, frightful, hideous, miserable."

The Ghost says to Scrooge, "This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both...but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased."

As far as I'm concerned these fearful, ignorant, violent people have forfeited their right to draw air. But, I'm a reasonable man. Let's say we're too humane to do away with them outright, but we can, should, and must take away their right to vote!

For 60 years, I have had to live under the whims of stupid, ignorant people. Whether it's civil rights, social justice, or economic policies. I was a criminal for most of my life for smoking weed (now I'm on medical), my sexuality was inconceivable, my very thought processes were treasonous, scandalous, but most of all CORRECT!

I really am not a nice guy. I grew up mean, in a mean time and place. Plus, I had to be twice as mean. Twice as willing to take risks.

More than once my intellect kept me alive. And yes, it was my own wits. Not a guardian angel. Not Christ, and certainly not some bearded, old man in the clouds.

I am arrogant about my intelligence, I flaunt my knowledge, I use my insight like a surgical laser.

And the thing of it is, I'm only of average intelligence! There are so many people way smarter than me. All I have to do is watch one episode of Jeopardy to teach me humility.

Here's my point. There should be a basic intelligence test that you have to pass in order to vote. Anyone who can walk into a voting booth (or sign an absentee ballot) should get to vote. I don't care if you're a citizen, a prisoner doing time, an illegal alien, or an alien from another fucking planet. (Superman should get to vote.)

As long as you pass the test, you vote! (Twice if you're from Chicago.)

And I'm talking an EASY test. 10 questions or so.

Of course, the liberal side has the clear advantage in education and intelligence, but that's exactly my point.

Plus, the test would not be developed by some congressional committee, university think tank, or panel of scientists. It would be written by ME.

Questions like, who was our first president? What day do we celebrate Independence Day? Name any three presidents. (It's a trick question. If they say Trump they are automatically disqualified.) What year did the battle of 1812 start? How old is planet Earth: a) 6000 years b) 4.54 billion years c) it doesn't matter because reality is an illusion d) all of the above?

You get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment