Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

The O Man

Yesterday afternoon my son Ben called for Nik with a computer question. A while later he called again and said he was coming out with Owen. The "girls" were all out shopping, and we could visit with our grandson while he and Nik rebuilt his computer.

We happened to be having whole trout for dinner. Shellie bought them when she stopped in at Whole Foods after work on Friday for their one day only sale on cherries. We had the trout laid out on a baking sheet at the table where I was dressing the fish (lemon slices, sliced garlic, fresh dill sprigs from our garden, coarse sea salt, cracked pepper, and melted butter).

Owen was sitting across from me and I said, "Owen, look at this." Whereupon I stuck the tip of my finger into the fish's mouth, then I pulled back and exclaimed, "Oooh, Owen, he bit me!"

He looked at my finger (which I was holding up) with this look of concern, then up looked up at me and we both started grinning, and his whole face lit up. Then, of course, we made a game of it. It was the cutest thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment