Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Lesser of Two Evils

I posted this on Facebook today:

I can't think of a more appropriate day to post this than on the International Day Of The Girl 2016, a day set aside to celebrate and empower young women, and call attention to the issues (some may say plight) women face.
I am sorry it has come to this. I try to steer clear of politics on FB, although I think my leanings are pretty clear. I have seen some of these posts going around, and I have held back because they're so confrontational.

But now I must join those in asking that if you intend to vote for Donald Trump for President of the United States, please Unfriend me (or let me know so I can Unfriend you).

This has nothing to do with Democrat vs. Republican. I have tons of friends and relatives who are staunch Republicans. But make no mistake. Donald Trump is no Republican. He is a dirty joke, nothing more. But the damage he can cause in four years as president is no joke at all.

I cannot imagine an America, or a world, in which Trump is president. The thought of him and his three ring circus of painted sycophants occupying the same halls as John and Abigail Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln (a Republican), and John and Jacqueline Kennedy is abhorrent.

Hillary represents institutionalized corruption, but at least her administration will maintain the status quo, giving us four more years to try to move forward.

Not voting is an inappropriate response, and while attractive, voting for a third party candidate (unless you are a member of that party) is misguided at this time. Voting for Hillary may prove to be the most loathsome act I, or any moral, thoughtful person, ever commit, but sometimes in life such decisions must be made.

I do not want to hear arguments (about Trump) to the contrary. If you post such a comment I will delete it and Unfriend you.

So let it be written, so let it be done!



No comments:

Post a Comment