Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Where There's Smoke

I am reminded of the passage from Genesis 11:6 - "Nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined to do."

I'm already going to miss the X-Files on Monday nights. I've savored every delicious moment while I could. I cannot believe there is only one more installment before Mulder, Scully, Skinner, the Lone Gunmen, and the Smoking Man, et al (especially Al) fade back into the shadows. The actors said how natural it felt to fall back into the roles, and it felt just as natural to me. I think the response was stronger than anyone expected. They'd be stupid not to follow it up with the announcement of more shows or a movie (but definitely NOT a new series starring the two new agents featured in last night's episode).

As a writer I recognize a brilliant piece of writing when I see it. I stand in awe of "Babylon" writer, director, and series creator, Chris Carter. I can't wait to see what he has in store for the finale. The preview looks action packed, and I'm sure we'll be left with more questions than answers. But that's why we love the show. I will also not look at any unauthorized videos, between now and the episode's broadcast premiere, that may show up on the Internet. I want to be surprised as the story unfolds. We'll know in approximately 6 days, 6 hours, and 13 minutes.

Spoiler Alert: Mulder puts on the moves in last night's brilliantly written show, "Babylon": youtube.com/watch?v=UKWtFOr34d8



No comments:

Post a Comment