Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

7th Inning Stretch

I've been hearing a lot of negative talk lately about Ron Santo. Let me tell you, when I was growing up the guy was a hero. They're banning him all over Europe, and there's even protests to outlaw him here in the States. I for one do not believe in speaking ill of the dead, especially a Hall of Famer who played in 9 All Star games. He was a great 3rd baseman and had a career batting average of .277. A lot of the hoo hah is about him killing all the bees. He may have swatted a few while enjoying a hotdog out at the Friendly Confines, but we all did that, to keep them out of our Cracker Jack. I'm also seeing stories on the internet about him spreading his seed around. The guy was a ballplayer! Everyone knows that the jocks get the chicks. You can't hold that against him. He lost his legs to diabetes, but went on to a career as a beloved sports announcer and unabashed fan of the feckless Cubs ball club. Fortunately Congress just passed the Ron Santo Protection Act, which I am fully behind. Further . . .

What? MON-santo?

My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment