Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

And They Said Chivalry Is Dead

As you know, I am one of the last of the die-hard romantics. My wife and I always try to start the day with some simple pleasantries. So this morning, when we woke up, I said, "Good morning hon, how are your armpits?"

I know. I know. You're thinking, "What the hell's so romantic about that?"

She slipped on the ice and fell last week, sustaining a fracture in her knee. She's been on crutches ever since, and I remember my own time on crutches, and the worst of it was rubbing my armpits raw.

In actuality, I was inquiring after her comfort, and in the larger context, I was expressing my concern for her overall health and well-being, and tacitly conveying my undying love for her.

So, I say to all my family and friends, "Good morning. How are your armpits?"



No comments:

Post a Comment