Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Back When I Was A Kid Said the Universe

I just got off the phone with my mom, and per usual, we got to talking about how fast time flies. Her oldest child (me) is a grandfather. Her grandchildren, my nieces and nephews, are graduating from college, embarking on careers, getting married.

I said, "I love you mom." She said, "I love you too, sweetie. Give my love to everyone." We ended the call and I went online. The first story that popped up on my news feed was about the latest discovery by the Hubble Telescope.

Astronomers detected a "surprisingly bright infant galaxy, named GN-z11" (one of the worst baby names I've ever heard, BTW), some 13.4 billion years in the past, a mere 400 million years after the Big Bang.

No wonder it seems like a lifetime passes in the blink of an eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment