Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Yoda, Yoga, Yoghourt



I just had a Dannon Oikos plain yogurt. Never again.



When yogurt first gained widespread popularity in the late 70's, you couldn't get me to eat it with a spoon. Yogurt was some kind of sour dairy product with live bacteria in it, that women ate who were on a diet. If I wanted any kind of living organism in my food, I'd get it in my beer.

Then my college roommate took me out for something called gyros, but was actually pronounced hee-ros, and I immediately fell in love with the toasty flatbread, the thinly sliced onions, the incredibly tender and succulent meat, and a fabulous creamy white sauce over all. My roommate asked how I liked the sauce and I said it was amazing. He said congratulations, you just ate yogurt.

Today I enjoy yogurt as part of my regular diet, but for some reason I decided to try it plain. I don't know what I was expecting, but I could barely choke it down. Now, it doesn't matter what fruit flavor it is, honey or vanilla, but I'll save the plain for my cucumber sauce!


Long live fruit on the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment