Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Welcome to the 21st Century

My family (my wife is a web designer and my son is a computer programmer) has been trying to drag me kicking and screaming (the former figuratively because I am paralyzed from the waist down, and the later because I frequently scream from the pain) into the 21st Century. I have a cellphone, but it has like a million minutes on it because they keep rolling over. It took months of cajoling to get me onto Facebook, and I have to admit that for better or worse, now I can't live without it. They took me to my first 3D movie, which I was skeptical about, and now they laugh because I won't go to see a movie UNLESS it's in 3D. I read my first E-book, which I enjoyed very much, although I think I still prefer the real thing. My son has ordered a state of the art Virtual Reality development headset, and he wants me to try some of the cutting edge VR total immersion environment games. But I keep telling him, when they can transplant my brain into a fully functional android body, then we'll talk.

This post could have ended there, but his reply was, "You know, that's not out of the range of possibilities."



No comments:

Post a Comment