Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Topography (A Short Story)

Two fat lines of the finest crystal coke reflected the lights in the ceiling like shattered glass as they lay spread upon a mirror. A rolled-up one-hundred dollar bill sat nearby. Beer bottles sat in bitter puddles, condensation teardrops trickling down in zigzag patterns. A small mound of sifted marijuana, shot through with crimson, gold and emerald, sat on the cover of Passport's Infinity Machine. A black ceramic bong shaped like a skull sat before me. I grasped a silver lighter, a rainbow playing about the edges of my sapphire ring. I raised the bong and put my lips to the mouthpiece. I did the hit. I took a sip of beer.

I felt good . . .
A knock on the door . . .
It would be time to go on soon.

I turned my head slightly to the left. “What instrument did you say you played?” said the dude sitting next to me.

“Second fiddle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment