Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Whole New Meaning to the Word 'Prick'

Okay ladies, two words: Dildo Cactus.

I saw a reference to it in a book I was reading, and my first impulse was to say, "Ouch!" Then I thought there couldn't be such a thing, so I Googled it.

The Dildo Cactus is the common name for a species of long narrow cacti with tubular branches ribbed with from eight to twelve sections bordered by sharp spines. Often the tips are covered with a fine white wool resembling an old man’s beard. The scientific name, Pilosocereus Royenii, is native to the Caribbean and Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula. It is the most common cactus found in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Appropriately, it is also referred to as the Pipe Organ Cactus.

Start planning your vacations now.



No comments:

Post a Comment