Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Well Said, Coach

"He loved much, and was much loved."

Jim Harbaugh, former Bear's quarterback, and current head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, made this simple statement regarding the passing of his 98 year old grandfather.

Harbaugh’s grandfather Joe Cipiti passed away Sunday morning, despite the fact that both grandfather and grandson were hoping he could hold out for the NFL Playoffs, and possibly see Harbaugh coach in the Super Bowl. Sunday's win over the Carolina Panthers must have been particularly gratifying.

But as soon as I heard this testimonial, the though struck me, what a great epitaph. I thought that one could do far worse than having this sweet sentiment said of them. I thought, in my own way, that this is what I strive for in my life and that it would prove true at my death.

"He loved much, and was much loved."

How wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment