Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

I should have said that she's the "butt" of my jokes!

Yesterday my wife was at my son's house getting her 1992 Honda stickshift worked on, when a friend of my son's stopped by. My son introduced his friend to my wife saying, "This is my mom."

The friend replied, "Oh, you must be Shellie. I know all about you. I follow Steve on Facebook."

My wife thought, "Oh great. I can only imagine what he thinks about me."

My wife is a very good sport. She is often the brunt of my jokes, she must endure the mild embarrassment of having the intimacy of our relationship laid bare, and by association, of my innermost thoughts and feelings being an open book for all to read.

There is never any meanness, and she knows I do what I do, so that hopefully, we can all chuckle as we see a bit of ourselves in the postings.

So once again, on the chance that I will bring a blush to those beautiful high cheekbones, I say publicly and for the record, "I love you."



No comments:

Post a Comment