Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Post Holiday Stress Disorder (PHSD)

The world is a very nasty place. I don't profess to understand it, but there are a lot of completely amoral, vicious, power mad people out there, consumed with greed. These people enjoy inflicting pain, some acting out of cold calculation, and some out of white-hot rage. Some wear suits, some wear gang colors, some wear uniforms. The one thing they all have in common is that they are truly evil.

I often ask myself, do the good people outnumber the bad? I just don't know. There are a lot of honestly good people trying to make a difference. There are a lot of bad people who cause a lot of pain. There are a lot of people who just want to be left alone. But unfortunately, in my experience, the vast majority of people around the world are just ignorant, self-serving, petty, mean-spirited bastards.

We need armed forces to guard against individuals and regimes who have and are plotting again to breach our shores with malice aforethought to murder and maim innocent civilians. We need a police force to counteract the endless horde of monsters among us.

They are the thin blue and desert camo line that separate civilization from chaos.

I am not against authority. I am against the abuse of authority.

I firmly believe that we can keep the dogs of war and the wolves at our door at bay, and still maintain a nation based on the principals of freedom enumerated in the Declaration of Independence and the civil liberties, and the rights and protections granted by the Constitution of the United States of America.

I will be expounding on these issues throughout the coming year, and as always, I will be keeping an open mind, gladly admitting my errors in judgement, fact, and opinion. So feel free to weigh in and point out whenever and wherever I am wrong-headed.

Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment